Join our creative community and use our atelier
12 full months of creativity, community and fun! As well as, …
- unlimited use of our facilities and equipment during opening hours
- free access to our Social Sewing classes every Tuesday evening from 18.00 – 21.00 which is led by a qualified instructor
- free access to our Member hosted Social Sewing classes which are taking place once or twice a month at a Saturday or Sunday from 10.00-16.00 (see this page for upcoming dates and registration)
- Visit our free sewing classes for refugees on Monday or Thursday mornings from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm and work independently on your own project. There is no professional available for you in these sewing classes, but you can work on your own project in a great intercultural atmosphere, with the help of our volunteers.
- discounts of 20% or more on our products, fabric and private lessons
Monday 9 – 18 (open sewing course 9 – 12)
Tuesday: 12 – 21 (Social Sewing with host 18 – 21)
Wednesday: 12 – 18
Thursday: 9 – 12 (open sewing course 9 – 12)
Closed: On public holidays, and now and then for special events. We are closed for the months July and December for summer and winter holidays.
Members will be informed by email about any irregularities in opening hours.
Twice a month we meet on a Saturday or Sunday from 10:00-16:00.
These sessions are hosted by members who contribute their time voluntarily. Social Fabric members can join these weekend sessions for free, exchange ideas about projects, and help each other with technical skills.
Due to regulations regarding the virus, there are a maximum of nine spots available for each social sewing session, please sign up here.
Use our atelier more frequently
Are you a tailor, designer, or dedicated hobbyist, and you would like to have access to our facilities outside of our regular opening hours, including some storage space? Or would you like to rent the space for a special occasion? Contact us at email@example.com and we can make a special offer for you.
Become a member of Social Fabric because…
- You want to make your own clothing, or repair/alter/upcycle your existing clothing
- You want to join a creative community and receive support and ideas for your projects
- You want to be a part of creating a better world by supporting the development of transparent and socially / environmentally responsible supply chains
- You want to contribute to solutions to for the integration of refugees in your local community by supporting our refugee projects (read more about our refugee projects here)
We offer the following equipment to members:
- 8 domestic sewing machines
- 2 quilting machines with a variety of features
- 4 domestic overlock machines
- 1 domestic coverlock machine
- 3 industrial straight stitch machines
- 1 industrial overlocker
- 1 industrial coverlocker
- waist-high tables for cutting and pattern making
- sewing supplies: thread, scissors, pins, tracing paper etc.
Would you like to get to know our space and our community? Have you been thinking about joining as a Social Fabric member, but want to get a taste of what we are about first?
Click below and learn more about our next free trial opportunity!
If you want to support our intercultural community and don’t find enough time to be a member yourself, donate a sponsorship to one of our wonderful members with refugee background – more information here!