Buy a membership at Social Fabric, join our community, and support our programmes
Our memberships give you discounts on our products and courses, as well as access to our facilities during opening hours.
– discounts of 20% or more on our products, fabrics, and regular courses
– unlimited use of our facilities and equipment during opening hours
– free access to our social sewing lessons every Tuesday evening (from 19.00 – 21.00) and/or Thursday morning (9.30 – 12.00), which is led by a qualified instructor
Become of member of Social Fabric because:
- You want to make your own clothing, or repair/alter/upcycle your existing clothing
- You want to join a creative community and receive support and ideas about your projects
- You want to be a part of creating a better world by supporting the development of transparent and socially / environmentally responsible supply chains
- You want to contribute to solutions to the refugee situation by supporting our refugee internship and entrepreneurship project at Social Fabric (see more at Project Rethread)
Cost: chf 360 per year (12 full months from the start date of your membership – this equals only chf 30 per month)
We are open Monday to Wednesday (14.00 – 21.00), and Thursday (9.00 – 12.00 & 14.00 – 21.00). We are closed on public holidays, and now and then for special events. Members will be informed by email about any irregularities in opening hours. We close for the months August and December for summer and winter holidays.
We offer the following equipment to members:
8 domestic sewing machines
2 quilting machines with a variety of features
4 domestic overlock machines
1 domestic coverlock machine
2 industrial straight stitch machines
1 industrial overlocker
1 industrial coverlocker
waist-high tables for cutting and pattern making
Are you a tailor, designer, or dedicated hobbyist, and you would like to have access to our facilities outside of our regular opening hours? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about our premium membership.