Our Sewing Course Offering
In our sewing courses we aim to stimulate your creativity and provide you with the knowledge you need to make your own clothes, or alter and repair your existing clothes. We welcome new participants, and we are always happy to see our old friends returning.
Sign up for our sewing courses by registering below. There are a limited number of spots for all of our courses, so sign up and pay in advance to guarantee your spot. We need a minimum number of 4 participants to run a course, if this is not filled by the registration deadline we need to unfortunately cancel the course. In that case, you get your money refunded immediately. Once the minimum is filled and the course is confirmed, you can also register after the deadline; as long as there are free spots left.
- Bank transfer (instructions for bank transfer follow when you reserve your course spot)
- Credit card
Are you already a Social Fabric member? Log in to your account to get your member discount on courses. Not a Social Fabric member yet? Read more about membership benefits and join our community as a Social Fabric member.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer refund, discount or special additional classes in case a participant misses a class. Please respect this and keep in mind that we are a non-profit association with limited resources.
If you have questions about our courses, write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Sewing trial days
Come to have and receive an introduction to Social Fabric from 18.30 – 19.00 on the following dates. No registration is necessary. Visitors are welcome to stay to try out our social sewing session from 19.00 – 21.00 on intro days (bring your own project).
Member-hosted Social Sewing days
We offer one or two social sewing sessions per month that take place on a Saturday or Sunday. These sessions are hosted by members who contribute their time voluntarily. Social Fabric members can join these sessions for free, exchange ideas about projects, and help each other with technical skills. There are a maximum of ten spots available for each social sewing session. Please register for the social sewing session you would like to attend. Not a Social Fabric member yet? Sign up for our membership here.
Do you want to use our cozy and creative atelier during opening hours, and receive discounts on our courses and products? Then join us as a Social Fabric member!
Fabric Shops in Zurich and online
We have a small selection of organic and sustainable textiles in our Social Fabric atelier, but we can also recommend a few other fabric shops in Zurich and some online fabric stores:
- Bernina Zürich (Talacker 35, 8001 Zürich and online shop)
sells sewing machines, patterns, thread and a small selection of fabrics.
- Apropos (Hohlstrasse 201, 8004 Zürich and online shop)
sells a variety of special and unique fabrics, but usually at a relatively high price.
- Faybee (only online shop)
sells organic fabrics – mostly jersey. The owner is one of our neighbours in Binz.
- Stoffwald (online shop with showroom)
the showroom is at Uetlibergstrasse 111 (House B, Atelier 5) very close to Social Fabric.
- Stoffladen Schellenberg (Alte Wermatswilerstrasse 4 8320 Fehraltorf and online shop)
has many different jersey fabrics that are dyed and printed sustainably and produced in Zurich (Oberland).
- Stoff und Kunst (Walchestrasse 24, 8006 Zürich)
is a fabric store in the centre of Zurich with a diverse assortment and great service.
- Pompon (Idaplatz 9 & 10, 8003 Zürich and online store)
has a great and unique assortment of fabrics, also more and more organic ones, and modern patterns.
- Le Coupon (Dufourstrasse 167, 8008 Zürich and online shop)
has a big selection of high-quality fabrics and has a strong focus of sustainability.
- Bottega Kunterbunt (only online shop)
offers colourful fabrics with a focus on children’s fabrics.
- Alja (Einkaufszentrum Neumarkt, Hofwiesenstrasse 350, 8050 Zürich-Oerlikon and online shop)
is the biggest supplier of fabrics and notions in Switzerland and has a range of organic fabrics too.
- Stoffrepublik (Bäckerstrasse 40, 8004 Zürich and online shop)
has a handpicked assortment of fabrics from Europe.
- Umgarnt (Schaffhauserstrasse 446, 8050 Zürich and online shop)
has a lot of different fabrics and yarn to fairly low prices.
- Facettes (Hornbachstrasse 68, 8008 Zürich)
is a fabric store in Seefeld specialised in jersey fabrics and patterns.
- Keck (Oetenbachgasse 15 – beim Rennweg, 8001 Zürich)
a family business with a great assortment of accessories, buttons and notions.
- Ying Design (Katharina-Sulzer-Platz 8, 8400 Winterthur and online shop)
is the number one shop when it comes to organic fabrics – all fabrics 100% certified as organic and all deliveries climate neutral. Big online assortment.
- Kreando (only online shop)
is the Swiss online shop for creative crafts people – has many organic fabrics.
- Karlotta Pink (only online shop)
sells fabrics from the whole world – fair, social and organic.