Our Sewing Course Offering
In our sewing courses we aim to stimulate your creativity and provide you with the knowledge you need to make your own clothes, or alter and repair your existing clothes. We welcome new participants, and we are always happy to see our old friends returning.
Sign up for our sewing courses by registering below. There are a limited number of spots for all of our courses, so sign up in advance to guarantee a spot.
- Bank transfer (instructions for bank transfer follow when you reserve your course spot)
- Credit card
Are you already a Social Fabric member? Log in to your account to get your member discount on courses. Not a Social Fabric member yet? Read more about membership benefits and join our community as a Social Fabric member.
Showing 13–15 of 15 results
Social Sewing trial days
Come to have and receive an introduction to Social Fabric from 18.30 – 19.00 on the following dates. No registration is necessary. Visitors are welcome to stay to try out our social sewing session from 19.00 – 21.00 on intro days (bring your own project).
Member-hosted Social Sewing days
We offer one or two social sewing sessions per month that take place on a Saturday or Sunday. These sessions are hosted by members who contribute their time voluntarily. Social Fabric members can join these sessions for free, exchange ideas about projects, and help each other with technical skills. There are a maximum of ten spots available for each social sewing session. Please register for the social sewing session you would like to attend. Not a Social Fabric member yet? Sign up for our membership here.
Do you want to use our cozy and creative atelier during opening hours, and receive discounts on our courses and products? Then join us as a Social Fabric member!
Fabric Shops in Zurich
We have a small selection of organic and sustainable textiles in our atelier, but we can also recommend a few other fabric shops in Zurich:
- Stofftrucke (Löwenstrasse 2, 8001 Zürich, 1. Stock) has a big assortment of fabrics at fair prices.
- Bernina (Talacker 35, 8001 Zürich) sells sewing machines, patterns, thread, and a small selection of fabrics.
- Apropos (Hohlstrasse 201, 8004 Zürich) sells a variety of special fabrics, but usually at a relatively high price.
- Faybee is an online shop, mostly for organic jersey. The owner is one of our neighbours in Binz.
If you have questions about our courses, write us an email at email@example.com.