Buy a membership at Social Fabric, join our community and support our programmes with and for refugees!
Our memberships give you access to our facilities, as well as discounts on our products and courses.
- unlimited use of our facilities and equipment during opening hours
- free access to our social sewing classes every Tuesday evening from 19.00 – 21.00 which is led by a qualified instructor
- free access to our member hosted social sewing classes which are taking place once a month at a Saturday or Sunday from 10.00-16.00 (see our course page for upcoming dates)
- drop into our free sewing class for refugees on Monday or Thursday morning from 9.30 – 12.00 – we don’t have a dedicated instructor on hand, but you can work on your own project in a great intercultural atmosphere
- discounts of 20% or more on our products, fabric and regular courses
We offer the following equipment to members:
- 8 domestic sewing machines
- 2 quilting machines with a variety of features
- 4 domestic overlock machines
- 1 domestic coverlock machine
- 2 industrial straight stitch machines
- 1 industrial overlocker
- 1 industrial coverlocker
- waist-high tables for cutting and pattern making
Open: Monday to Thursday from 09.00 – 21.00
Closed: On public holidays, and now and then for special events. We are closed for the months July and December for summer and winter holidays.
Members will be informed by email about any irregularities in opening hours.
CHF 360 per year (12 full months from the start date of your membership – this equals CHF 30 per month)
Become a member of Social Fabric because…
- You want to make your own clothing, or repair/alter/upcycle your existing clothing
- You want to join a creative community and receive support and ideas for your projects
- You want to be a part of creating a better world by supporting the development of transparent and socially / environmentally responsible supply chains
- You want to contribute to solutions to for the integration of refugees in your local community by supporting our refugee projects (read more about our refugee projects here)
Are you a tailor, designer, or dedicated hobbyist, and you would like to have access to our facilities outside of our regular opening hours? Contact us at email@example.com to find out about our premium membership.